2016-06-01

Introduction


After much consideration, I decided, that I make a blog, to post HTTYD related content and share some of my personal stuff with you (mostly my ongoing projects (3d animations, behind the scenes, footage, etc.).

Ok, so foreshadowing what kinda stuff will be in here, I post some very early renders from my upcoming animated short film Pacific Wars. (This will be a sequel to Desert Wars). For those who don't know what I'm talking about, here is a link to the first episode:

Desert Wars animation shortfilm

(Make sure to enable the english subtitles!)

For the pictures click on read more.


Moving on to the second one, here what it's gonna be look like (well... hopefully a little better in the final product).








Yeah... definitely an improvement compared to the first one. The most obvious upgrade is the character models. Sigh... If only I had these when I made Desert Wars... At least, it will surprise the people who anticipating, that the character models will suck here too. :D

The rendering engine is also upgraded. Mental Ray, you were great and I still really like you, but you reached your limits here. I don't think you can render out THIS AMAZING WATER SHADER EVER! (Sorry, if you can, then I was dumb enough for not knowing that). For the second episode, I'll use V-Ray, the most complex rendering engine (commercially available) for 3DS MAX! And heck yeah it's complicated... In all those years, I kinda figure out Mental Rays inner soul, but V-Ray... OMG it will be a nightmare! Much learn, very hard, less wow. The render time is also isn't that great. Furthermore, 32 Gigs of RAM, filling to full capacity, faster than ever. It will be painful and everlasting, but somehow I'll try to train this beast.

That's all for now, if something new happens, I'll post it here.

This page is still under construction, so if somehow you manage to see this post before I post it on somewhere, then I'm in trouble. Well... If you are here now, then enjoy the void and silence that engulf this site (for now). I'll be posting a lot of stuff in the future. (Well, I hope). Mr.NightFury out.

No comments:

Post a Comment