2022-04-01

Riders, we have a problem! (*April fools joke*)

I have really bad news… There is a great possibility, that my Toothless mod for ARK and my other HTTYD projects (also Pacific Wars) has to be postponed, because one of my drives went bad, so there was a great loss of data. (It was more like an archive drive btw, but I also used it for other projects too. Mostly my personal ones, so maybe this is why the fate particularly targeted that drive which stored my mostly beloved projects... Just for an extra kick in the sack, that’s for sure!) I made backups, but the most recent one is around 3 weeks old. The thing is, I progressed a LOT since then! Very heart wrenching to see all that precise work and care go into nothing. Very sad and I feel a part of my soul also died with those files. I don’t know, if I could redo those animations in that quality again from scratch, but I don’t have a chance. This means I have to delay again, at least for a month. I also feel betrayed, because why it has to happen particularly with those projects! I’m broken inside, utterly disappointed in technology and just feel miserable right now. At a point, I know I will start over, but I need some time to get back on my feet.

I have some footages from the original one though. Now, I pondered about that animation sequence and concluded that, maybe I pushed a little too far… and could be a little more "compact" and optimized. So, the new one won't look anywhere near like the old one, so this is why show you before release. At least not everything is lost! (But it's just a bitter solace).

Anyway, click on read more to see the gifs!

APRIL FOOLS!


Note: I hate to joke about data loss, (it's one of my biggest fears in life(!)) but this was just so fitting, I couldn't come up with a better one. Toothless is fine, don't worry! I didn't made that all up tho'. There is a certain animation sequence, that I'm really working on for quite a few weeks now (in very short sessions, when I've got time to progress). That's will be in the ARK mod (when he gains a level). I'm incapable to "black lie" to anyone, so I "white lied", but just for this occasion! ;)

Have a great April 1st! It's the national day of silliness, so I always celebrate it with somehow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment